Friday, December 16, 2011

Yummiest Cookie: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls

First of all, I'm going to start this post with some great news we have to share and it perfect at Christmas time! We are expecting our third child in June!!! We are all very excited and can't wait to find out what it will be! Here is a great new shot of our family Christmas 2011!

Another reason I shared this news with you all is because it has been hard to cook with the way I have been feeling and with the stuff I have been craving! Most people know I don't like to use sugar in my recipes but I have been craving brown sugar! So I gave in and used a little in my next cookie recipe, just enough to get you addicted to the cookies but not enough to make you sick! =) Also, I can't leave out that I snuck in some carrots to this recipe! This particular batch my husband is taking to work for a cookie exchange! One of his friends, I won't mention any names..... Daniel......NEVER eats vegetables! So I added them to the cookies to show people that cookies can still taste YUMMY with a little bit better ingredients! For the record: my husband has had these cookies both ways and said that he thinks he likes them better with the carrots! =) GOOD MAN!

EVERYONE knows what a Peanut Butter Blossom is right? One of my favorite cookies to bake! But look at the picture below! All of the chocolate is in the center and everyone knows they work so hard to try to get at least a little chocolate in every bite! My husband complained about this one day so I made up a solution, added a little bit of veggies, AND I also have the tastiest recipe around!
Here is how you make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip balls! What you need:
  • 1/2 cup of butter room temperature (earth balance for dairy free)
  • 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
  • 1/3 cup agave (or any other sweetener you would rather use)
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk (almond milk for dairy free)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour (I used spelt flour)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups mini chocolate chips
  • OPTIONAL: pureed carrots
  • granulated sugar
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until blended. Then add agave and brown sugar and beat till fluffy.


Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well

Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.

 Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

This step is OPTIONAL: Steam some carrots. Blend them in the food processor and add them to your dough.

 Add mini chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.

Shape dough into little balls (1 inch or smaller) and roll in sugar. Kids really love this step!

Place on a  ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.

Here are the finished product!!!! SO delicious and you don't have to worry about getting the perfect mix of peanut butter and chocolate in EVERY bite!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/03/2012

    Thank you for sharing all the yummy recipes. I also follow an organic approach and love to know there are other moms like me. I would love to prepare these cookies for my dearest two year old son, he suffers from severe allergies to dairy products and eggs. Is there anything else I could use to replace the eggs in the recipe? Thanks in advance and congrats in your third sunshine. Love your blog :-)
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Alex! I love making options for anyone with allergies!!! Everyone should be able to enjoy baked goods!!! =] when making things Vegan I have substituted an egg with applesauce but recently I've heard that if you just put like 3 Tablespoons of Ground Flax in hot water and let it sit for 5 min it is a great substitute! Hopefully these help! =]

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4/04/2012

      You are the best! ;-) My son will love them for sure
      thanks for your prompt response
      Alex

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...