I have been cleaning out my kitchen cabinets after a remodel and I found one of my favorite recipes, which I thought I had lost!!!!!! I immediately text my husband to let him know I found the recipe because I know he would be excited because it's THAT GOOD!!!! I am so happy I found this so I could share it with you!!!
This is not the healthiest recipe but it is definitely a crowd pleaser...
It's great for family dinner or even large group gatherings!
People who try this will be begging you to give them the recipe!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
- 1 boneless beef rump roast (4lbs)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup root beer
- dash of salt and pepper (if desired)
- about 16 sandwich buns/ croissants
What To Do:
- Place beef in your crackpot. then pour 1 1/2 cups of Barbecue sauce and Root Beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low setting 10 to 12 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving remove beef from crockpot and put on a plate. Pour juices into a 12 inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, shred beef and return to crockpot!
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup of Barbecue sauce into the reduced juices in skillet then pour into crockpot over the shredded beef! Stir and salt and pepper to taste!
I love how simple it is to make this, just throw your meat in and your crockpot does the rest!!! A few tips that I have are, if you want to have a vegetable side just simply throw in some baby carrots and chunks of sweet potato in at the beginning and let it cook with your meat. For added nutrition to the meal, add baby spinach leaves in your sandwich buns! Also, if you are going to be serving this to kids or people who don't like spicy flavor.... be carful when choosing your barbecue sauce! I use KC Masterpiece Honey and it gives the best flavor!!! Not spicy at all!!!!
At dinner tonight, I asked my kids what they thought about the meal and what I should tell people reading my blog about it...
Kiki said: "It tastes like Barbecue! I like Barbecue because I taste Barbecue chips! When mommy makes this I feel happy!"
Brenden said, "It's juicy and has good flavor! You should make it cause it tastes awesome! I would totally choose this over a restaurant!"
With your left over Root Beer you can make one of my favorite drinks, the Diesel!
Click HERE to see how to make it!