Thursday, May 29, 2014

Simple Activity/Craft SCORE: Moon Sand

It SUMMER time! I am starting this post out with one of my favorite pictures of Brenden at the pool! Throw Back Thursday! Along with begging to go to the pool everyday, my kids are also asking for a DAILY craft! My son even asked me yesterday, "What is the craft going to be tomorrow!?!" I replied "Sorry Brenden, I don't plan that far in advance!" LOL This can be overwhelming to mommy who still has to get things done around the house! 
I don't know about you but easy and cheap ideas are what I'm looking for!
After yesterdays SCORE on our activity/craft…. I HAD to post!

I'm sure you might have seen this idea floating around Pinterest for a while! I just never tried it before!
We went to a toy store and they had a version of "Moon Sand" out to play with! My kids were asking to buy some and I told them that we will try and MAKE it instead!

Two simple ingredients later costing me only 4 dollars and we had our own Moon Sand!
Mix together 8 cups of flour with 1 cup of baby oil!
With a 5lb bag of flour you can do this twice! It makes a great amout of Moon Sand to play with!

This was an activity that ALL THREE of my kids enjoyed together!!!! That is pretty crazy when there is almost a 7 year span between your oldest and youngest!
 I just simply put a bunch of plastic cups and play kitchen toys in a plastic bin and they had a ball!
 I love seeing all three of them playing together so well!
 They made ice cream cones and I even got in there to sculpt a crazy looking face! LOL
Hey, The stuff is soooo soft and smells so good I couldn't resist!
After you are done just store in a ziplock bag for later!
   
While I have your attention,
I thought I would add a simple tip for summer swimming!
To keep Chlorine out of your families hair…..
Simply get your hair wet with regular water before jumping in!
Your hair is like a sponge…. If you get it wet before, it won't soak up all the harmful chemicals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...