Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Book Tradition

I happen to see this GREAT idea online! This person bought 24 books and wrapped them up to open one everyday till christmas.
I decided to get some of our favorite christmas books that we already have in our home collection because buying all new costs too much and it's always fun to reread old books! 
I bought 6 new books that I know my kids will LOVE and also added new batteries to our Charlie Brown Christmas book.
 As I was collecting some of our books at home, I noticed we had a lot of little board books so I paired them for fun with another book! You wouldn't want your book to take less than a minute to read!
 I even had my little girl help me wrap some of the books from our collection.
The kids were excited when I told them the idea....How much more excited will they be when they hear some of the books are new to our family!!
 Reading is one of the most important things you can do with your children. How much fun is this going to be, counting down the days till Christmas with special books!?! Unwrap one every night before bed as part of your nighttime routine! 

Also, pictured here is my Christmas tree skirt idea which a lot of you have seen.
I wanted to show you this years handprints I made in the form of Holly, 2013!
Click on the picture below to go to the post about my Christmas Tree Skirt Keepsake!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea too, Colleen! It's interesting that I just saw it on a blog yesterday! How fun for kids to spend December looking forward to a book a day to read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...