Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pirate Baby Shower Ideas

I had the privilege of throwing a Pirate theme baby shower for my good friends! 
Once they gave me this theme, all of these ideas started coming to mind!

First, I will show you my pirate ship fruit platter!
I cut the top of the watermelon as pictured then added the carrot accents with toothpicks!
I searched for skewer sticks to use for the sails but I didn't have any so I used straws. It actually worked out better because I simply had to put toothpicks in the bottom of the watermelon and it held the straws down.
I printed out the saying for the sails and cut them into shapes you see.
Then filled it with all different fruit!
I couldn't resist adding an octopus on top of the fruit! 
It isn't something people are going to eat but it definitely adds to the fun!
Here it is at the shower. Don't forget to get some chocolate coins to add to the decor!
What Pirate shower isn't complete without a Pirate Baby! I love my boy! Sorry for his dirty & drooly  little face! =)
I also created a flag for the area where the presents would go saying "Baby Booty". 
The "pole" of the flag is made of a empty wrapping paper roll folded in half and stapled together.
    
For my gift to the family I decided to make something that would double as decor for the shower and for the baby's room. I bought a 16X24 canvas and 4 sheets of scrapbook paper looking like rustic wood. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper down to the canvas. I tried hard to not have a paper seam show... if you look close you can see where it's not exact.
I then used black acrylic paint to paint the simple silhouette of a ship.
For the lettering, I didn't feel I could do a good job painting them myself.
If you read my last blog post HERE, I recently had eye surgery so I only have vision in one eye currently. All I did was print it out, Mod Podge the rwo words to the canvas, and then, once the Mod Podge dried, I simply painted around them! After all of the paint was dry I then sealed everything with a coat of gloss Mod Podge!
I can't wait to see how they decorate baby Michael's room but more importantly, I can wait to meet the sweet little guy! <3
Lastly, as I was looking up games to do for the shower. I found a lot of cute ones but a lot of people were trying to SELL them! I decided to make my own and then post them here for FREE!!!
Hey, if I already did the work... why should you have to also?
This first game the players have to match the pirate word/phrase in the first column to the meaning in the second column. This is good for any Pirate Theme party... not just a baby shower! =)
The second game is just a Pirate version of "What's in your purse?"
I hope you enjoy these ideas and hopefully they will help you in planning your next party/shower!
      





I also have an older post of simple ideas to make a pirate costume out of stuff around the house!
Check it out by clicking on the picture below!

5 comments:

  1. Love the ideas! Where did you purchase the paper lanterns?! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lanterns were from Target. I think they were only like $1.99!!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I am obsessed with how you decorated the island counter and plan on doing the same for my son's upcoming pirate party. I just haven't been able to find the lanterns yet. Going to head to Target later in the week so wish me luck. Thank you for the answer and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of this DIY pirate theme baby shower is amazing. I am so glad to see arrangements here. My son’s birthday is coming and he too has demanded a pirate themed bash. I would be booking some affordable event space Chicago for this bash and would like to use some of these ideas in this bash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have the template for whats in your purse, it has been removed?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...