Saturday, August 25, 2012

Homemade Thor Costume~Infant/Toddler


I start thinking about Halloween costumes Early! Before Garren was born I knew I wanted to do an Avengers theme with all three kids! I knew that my sweet little girl wanted to dress as the Incredible Hulk! The great thing is we already have two Hulk costumes. My Big boy, who likes to have choices, already has Ironman, Captain America, and Hawkeye (Click HERE to see how we made it). This leaves my baby boy and how perfect would it be to dress him as Thor!

I researched Thor and decided that I was going blend the old with the new Thor costumes. I wanted to make Garren's Costume all black like the new Thor but make him a hat like the old Thor. 
   

This whole costume will be broken up into three posts. In this first post I will show you how I made the outfit.
What you will need:
  • A long sleeve black onesie
  • Black tights
  • A piece of red fabric for the cape 
  • A small piece of silver fabric 
  • Black velcro
  • Steam A Seam 2
  • Hot glue
A black onesie is very hard to find... I don't know why there is hardly any plain black baby clothing. You can search for one online but it will cost you around 20 dollars, with shipping, for ONE onesie! 
Here are three things you can do,
Either turn a black onesie with a design on it inside out, dye a white onesie black, or if you have an 
H & M store near you they sell them for only 5 dollars! I got mine at H & M!
                                            
The first thing you need to do is make the six silver circles for the front of the costume and then use the Steam A Seam 2 to iron it onto the fabric.
I used a compass to make my circles and made 4 circles the same size and 2 a little smaller. The smaller circles will be the two bottom circles. 
If you want a step by step of how to use Steam A Seam click HERE or read the directions on the package.
   
Now that your circles are fused to the black onesie you are going to make your cape. You need to cut the red fabric down to the size of the picture on the right. I didn't put exact measurements because it isn't that big of a deal and it will vary by the size of the costume!
   
 I outlined the onesie and then drew up two flaps where the velcro will be hot glued.
Now hot glue the soft part of the velcro to the onesie and the scratchy side of the velcro to the cape.
   
 There you have it! The costume part of Thor is done! 
In the picture above, the costume is a little big on my baby because it is for him to wear in two months! I had to make it really big because he is growing so fast! At his two month appointment he weighed 14 1/2 pounds! =) 

As you can see in the picture below, you put the tights on first and then the onesie closes over them. If your child is old enough to walk you can try to find them some black boots. 
Click HERE to find out how to make the plush hammer!
Click HERE to find out how to make the hat!

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post.I love to go through this blog.Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I like this...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can check out several online stores, select a believed and skilled supplier and order for the online purchase of super hero baby costumes from the comforts of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This is more helpful for find the best and unique quality of Sexy Harnesses dresses online for sexy girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...