Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easter Wreath

This craft is fun, cheap, and so cute! Here is what you will need:
Small plastic eggs (I got mine from the dollar section at Target and it was enough for 3 wreaths)
Easter Grass
Paper plate with center cut out (or cardboard box)
A sheet of Tissue paper 
Felt or sheet of foam
paints 
Glue (regular or hot glue)

First step is to give your child some paints to decorate their eggs. I used 5 small eggs for one wreath.
Next step is to cut out the middle of a paper plate but I didn't have any at the time so I just cut a circle out of a box I had and then cut the center out of it!
 Then have your child paint the plate.
While they are painting you can prep the leaves. Just cut them out of felt or foam and paint in the center to make it look more like a leaf. I had the kids pick out all of the different colors they wanted. You will need one leaf per egg so in ours we had 5 leaves.

This step is optional. I just thought it looked cute with a little flower on one side. I made three little fans out of tissue paper. Any kind you have laying around is fine. As you can see, the tissue I used even has christmas trees on it! Cut a little square and fold it like an accordion. 
Next glue the side and fold together. You can see it makes a fan shape. I made three of these in the same color.

 Now, this next step is after all the different pieces are dry. I used a hot glue gun and did this myself but you can choose to use regular glue and let your child help. Or there is always the cold glue guns, I just don't have one. Glue on the Easter grass however your child wants it (one color or a design).

 You can leave it shaggy or cut off the excess. I chose to cut the excess off.


Now it's time to glue the different items on to your wreath. First is the flower. Glue all three of your tissue fans close together to make a flower.
 Then add one of your leaves in the center.
 Then add one of the dried painted eggs.
 Glue the rest of your leaves around the wreath.
 Then add an egg on top of each one.
 And there you have it, a cute easy wreath to decorate your house for easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...